Adapting Without Sacrifice
We’re here for you – planning, execution, and all.
Pivoting during the COVID-19 crisis has been a crucial part of venue operations for businesses like Meydenbauer Center across our industry. On this page, you’ll find considerations and information pertaining to how we’ve adapted and the ways we’re working to ensure a clean, safe, and hospitable space for you and your guests. If at any point in your decision-making or planning process you have questions or concerns, please reach out. That’s what we’re here for.
Health & Safety Commitment
Cleaning & Disinfection
Our facility staff is committed to meeting the highest standards when it comes to cleaning and disinfection. Some key commitments we have made in this area include:
- – Meydenbauer Center was the first venue in Washington to earn the GBAC Star accreditation for cleaning and disinfection
- – High-touch surfaces in public spaces are disinfected hourly
- – Electrostatic sprayers are used to sanitize meeting rooms between sessions
- – Adenosine Triphosphate (ATP) testing is conducted randomly to measure the effectiveness of our cleaning processes
Prior to our reopening our facility to the public, we made several modifications to our space to promote social distancing and hygiene practices, as well as to increase the outside air circulating in our space.
- – Hand sanitizer stations were installed at every building entrance and outside every meeting room
- – Signage was put in to encourage social distancing and good hygiene
- – Our HVAC system was modified to increase outside airflow to 50%, dramatically improving the circulation of fresh air in the rooms
- – HVAC filtration was upgraded to MERV 13 filters and we have increased the frequency with which they are replaced
At Meydenbauer Center, we are committed to the health and safety of both our team members and our guests. When you arrive from your event, you can be confident that our team will be following these safety standards:
- – Staff completes health screen and temperature checks prior to arriving on site
- – We wear appropriate PPE, such as KN95 masks and gloves
- – We work independently to avoid close interaction with others
Meydenbauer Center continues to focus on preparing restaurant-quality food featuring fresh, local ingredients that meet every dietary need. The updates we have made to our catering program are focused on providing options to ensure that guests feel comfortable. We are happy to continue social distancing and serving prepackaged food if that works best for you and your guests! Here are some options we can offer for catering service:
- – Socially distanced banquet seating with no more than four people per banquet round or individual table seating
- – Prepackaged grab-and-go break food
- – Covered plated meals or boxed meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- – Smaller coffee stations spread further throughout the building with dedicated lines
We are happy to work with you to offer a social distancing room set up to meet your specific needs.
Your dedicated Event Manager will collaborate with you to design the room layout that best fits the needs of your program and your guest’s comfort level with being near other attendees. Whether you want to have a fully set event without social distancing, groups broken up into small pods, or socially distancing between every seat, we can work with you to find the space you need.
What Attendees Can Expect
In such an uncertain world, your attendees are bound to have a million questions of what is to be expected of them while in our building. While attending an event in our building we’d ask that all guests take the following measures:
- Please wear a mask when in public spaces. The event organizers may decide whether they want to require masks inside meeting rooms for vaccinated attendees.
- We would ask that any guest who is feeling under the weather remain home.
- Guests should anticipate longer break times than normal as we will require longer periods of time for cleaning and sanitation.
- There may be periods of time where restrooms are completely closed for sanitation purposes. We will do our best to schedule these closures around your program’s schedule to minimize any inconvenience.
We understand that all events are a little different, so you are welcome to institute additional measures to ensure safety for your program, such as requiring social distancing, checking for vaccination status, or providing rapid testing.